How do I create a bookable service?
Bookable services can be used to manage and organize appointments of all sorts. This goes from organizing a meeting to renting your flat or course.
Do not feel afraid of the multitude of applications for bookable product. Creating bookable services is exactly pretty easy!
To create an bookable service:
- Enter a name of this service.
- Enter a description.
- Choose a featured image.
- Choose gallery images to display additional images.
- Navigate to the “Product Data” container.
- Choose the “bookable” product type.
Generel Tab :
- Under booking duration, define the booking block unit. For example if you offer courses of 1 hour, choose “1” as quantity an “hour” as block unit.
- Define the minimum and maximum of bookable blocks.
- Checkmark if this booking must be confirmed and if customers can cancel it. If customer can cancel it, select until when this can be done.
Availability Tab :
- Choose how many bookings your block can host. For example 1 hour of your course, this would be the number of attendees?
- Define how far customers must and can book into the future.
- Define the buffer period which you need to organize your service. For example if you need 7 days between the booking and the actual course, choose “7”.
- We recommend to leave the “check rules against” option as default.
- You can now define different availability ranges. For example if your course is not bookable in July, this can be defined here.
Costs Tab :
- You can define a base cost. Which will be added to the actual price. This can be used to define extra fees, for example if a course member uses a device which needs to be cleaned for 5€, your base cost would be “5”.
- Define a cost per block. In our example this would be the price per booked course hour.
- You can now define ranges for your costs. For example if your course is cheaper for groups of people or costs more during July, this can be defined here.
Persons Tab :
- If your booking block can only be attended by a certain number of people, you can limit this minimum and maximum number here.
- Checkmark if the cost per booked block should be applied per person.
- Checkmark if every person counts as a “booking”. In our example of the courses, this would be checked. However a car rental company would leave this unchecked, as the number of persons per car does not affect the availability of the car rentals capacity.
- Enable “Personal types” to define different costs for different types of person. For example, you can create a “adult” person type which will be charged different than a “kid” person type.
Resources Tab :
- Define your resources names. For example we could offer a course called “limbo” and another called “Chachacha”.
- Define if resources are chosen by the user or assigned automatically. This option does not apply for our course example, however a hotel will for example define several resources. Now if one resource is “full”, Mylocal will automatically assign bookings to the next one.
- You can now define different costs per resources. For example the “Chachacha” course can be cheaper than the “limbo” course. You can leave this option blank if you want to apply the costs you generally defined before.
Ready to start hosting?
Take the next step towards earning extra money from home.